Friday 10 December 2010

UNIT 5: MY MAGAZINE


This project was more focused on art directing and writing your own proposal for a magazine, that hasn't been published yet. I didn't work in a group for this project, i worked independently which means more work had to be produced. The philosophy of the magazine: music, fashion and talent. My plan is to produce at least 3 magazine spreads to show the concept of the magazine, that includes a front cover and contents page. 

Research & analysing zine layouts


Annotated magazine spread (magazine taken from RWD)

Analysing typography from 2nd part of the spread. 


Magazine ideas & developing stages:


An influence from RWD MAG
Article 1:

This article conflicts onto the Industry takeover which i have been to, my experience helped me compile the article together. The reason for the edgy layout and dark grimy photography is to show hardcore talent. 

Article 2:




This article is much more powerful and bold in relation to the artist's personality. I have in bedded a strong context in typography and photography.  


Front cover & Contents page 


The same context is done for the front cover and contents page. 

Rough sketches/ideas: So far stages.. 








Last stages of the magazine- editing images, layout and typography:


First article


Second article




I have made some changes to the magazine because as noticed in the first article, images were boring and the structure of the articles wasn't explored enough. However my magazine did portray new UK talent, grime and hardcore. This is my last layout going towards the final outcome. 

Final stages of the front cover & contents page: 


Contents page: 


 

The final stages will be layed out following spray paint and related images from the article's. 

Front Cover: 

I have done the front cover in photoshop to create the silk print style. The silk print style gives the image a urban hardcore look. (graffiti) 

Final Outcome: Final Crit



                       Front Cover                        
Contents page
First Article
Roxxxan's Article 
First Part of Roxxxan's Article
Continuing of the first article and beginning part of Roxxxan's Article


 
Last Page of Roxxxan's Article
I am actually proud of the outcome however i still want to use graffiti as my body text typography. The images are more smoothed just like the essence of graffiti spray paint. The typography is much more stronger, The only thing recommended at my CRiT is for me to keep the articles apart. (too identical).


 Front cover of RWD MAG
The RWD MAG front cover has been used in this project just to observe the layout of the front cover. 



Other magazine layouts look at: 

According to making changes towards improving my articles i have looked at other magazine layouts to help me develop other ideas: 












































No comments:

Post a Comment