Thursday 28 April 2011

ANDY WORHOL

Alongside, looking at historical art (Kimathi Donkor) I am going to bring in the connection with music which I have mentioned at the beginning of my proposal. In result to this my next artist I have an interest in will be Andy Warhol. Warhol’s work is tinged with culture which expresses information in music through television and print. What I like about Warhol will be, using the silkscreen process in one go to create imagery which can be repeated over and over again therefore to do illustration there is no need for technology.

Observably, he is a commercial illustrator. So with my idea I want to produce a photographical journal which reinforces; artists who have been in the past/present within crime or decimating events in the UK. My other idea will be to exploit lyrics from tracks sang by those artists. Maybe this outcome can be displayed in public events like exhibitions or just commercially.

Outstandingly, the bright significant colours the artist has used is very important to me as well as the process he uses. The colours seen throughout his prints’ gives me a hint of what colours; I can take on into my work to communicate different meaning, emotion and action from my images I will collect as part of my research.

check out the website: http://www.warhol.org/exhibitionsprograms/

Andy Worhol's artwork

No comments:

Post a Comment